Increase revenue with quick and easy subscription payments
Using a payment calendar provides businesses with an opportunity to regularly debit a subscribed amount from the card or account of consenting customers over an agreed time period.
Fondy provides an automated payment method that is easy for merchants to implement. Fondy’s Checkout page includes the option to use a payment calendar which enables merchants to collect regular payments for subscription services.
How does it work?
- Shopper/customer initiates a payment subscription while making their first payment and chooses a regular debiting schedule using a payment calendar on the checkout page
- When the first payment is authorised, the card data is tokenised and secure for future payments
- After the first payment, the system will debit funds from the cardholder automatically according to the payment calendar schedule
What do businesses typically use scheduled payments for?
- Hosting and Internet service providers
- Electronic and printed publications, access to online services, games, software
- Services for payment of utilities, mobile communications, regular insurance contributions
- Educational portals, courses, training, and coaching
- Charitable, volunteer organisations, as well as organisations that accept regular contributions
Why offer regular payments?
- Neither you nor your customers need to take the same actions, receiving payments occurs automatically
- Your customers will benefit from continuous service without interruption, because payment is always on time
- Increase the conversion rate of recurring payments and eliminate the risk of customers missing a payment
- Automated payments mean back office staff time is dedicated to higher priority tasks
- Convenient accounting of the number of payments and payment status
Setting up a payment calendar
Option 1: Payment button on Checkout page
If you don’t have a website yet or you use a blog, you can create a button for regular payments. You can also send a payment link to your customers by email or SMS. When the customer follows the link, it will display the Fondy-hosted payment page with the calendar.
Option 2: Developer API
If you already have a website or it is under development, you can integrate a payment calendar using the API.